Close ad

There was an explosion at the Chinese factory on Saturday afternoon, which left 61 injured and required 23 hospitalizations due to burns. The Pegatron factory was still in trial operation. "The factory has not started operations yet. The part is currently undergoing pre-production inspection and the part has entered test production," said CFO Charles Lin for Reuters. Among other things, the factory was to become a supplier of back panels for the 2nd generation iPad and one of the suppliers of back panels for the upcoming 3rd generation iPad. The explosion could therefore play a role in supplying the market with the 3rd generation iPad, which is expected to be released in the first quarter of next year.

Apple has already said it will participate in the investigation into the cause of the explosion as well as the other two incidents at Hon-Hai factories that occurred earlier this year. Apple became a target due to his media fame the anger of the workers, who protested the inhumane conditions in the factories producing parts for the American Apple.

Ipad-3

*Source: Reuters.com

Today's most read

.